Saturday, September 3, 2011

Everything Beautiful in a Lover’s Paradise

I can understand that this is really girly and nothing like the real world, but being a dreamer, I dream of the best things possible. Of course it is not as if I realize that these dreams will never be true, but what’s really the harm in writing about them??? You might ask what’s the point….I say just because I feel like it. So here goes :)

The bluest sky in my mind’s eye

Sun bursting forth in winter’s chill

Thousand colored flowers tint my sight

That’s the beauty in a lover’s paradise

An azure ocean glittering till the horizon

Sandy yellow beaches beckoning out to you

Corals delight, fishes flit, a scene from a travelogue

That’s the beauty in my paradise

Floating clouds like huge puffs of down

A slash in the middle and coolness pours forth

Sitting on them like the queen of the world

That’s how I dream in my lover’s paradise

Everything in stock, with nothing left to want

Happiness reflected from every eye I meet

My small perfect universe in the corner of my mind

Yet it fits right in, in my lover’s paradise

Love that transcends into the higher echelons

Where peace and tranquility rule always

Absence of a loving touch not withstanding

That’s how I feel in my lover’s paradise

5 comments:

SUHANINAGPAUL said...

nice :)

ann alex said...

cute:)and well written

a ship that could never anchor said...

thanks a lot thania :)
suhani,nice eh....feeling the same?;)

Dhanu said...

beauty is but a promise of happiness, i quote someone. happiness and paradise have been the evergreen components of the perfect, ideal utopia. what ever a person imagines, thinks, dreams exists. no matter in the universe is ever created or destroyed. all images can be personified. to understand all, one need but only understand 'one'. and there, dont get caught in the word play. or was there a play in them words at all??
presence and the absence: all forces in the universe exist in that co-existence. be happy, feel happy, be anything and feel every thing. anything is possible in the realm of the mind. the only thing then, real, is that which is shared. be that a feeling, a thought, an insight, an outburst - anything. the spontaneous sharing of that moment-frozen or reeling- is what makes life worth living.what you perceive and what you see. what you feel and what you think. yin/yang::same quantities, different qualities.
beauty lies in the outlook / perspective. beautiful imagery in the lines there. well composed, short spurred literature. :)

a ship that could never anchor said...

You are right as to how one perceives it, that is what is beauty, what can be shared, that is paradise. I can see that now. Be it a shower of joy or a volley of misfortunes, when you have someone to share it with, the beauty in that sharing surpasses all the pain.