Tuesday, March 20, 2007

an important realisation

21/01/07
Sometimes there are occasional reminders in ur lives which makes u realize that the time allotted to u and ur loved ones is very less on this earth. This happened especially once when my father talked to me last night. I told him that when he grows old and invalid, he is going to face a lot of trouble cos he is so egoistic and has this great pride in himself of not being dependant on anybody. He replied saying that he is of different material and would die rather than depending on anybody for his need. This came as a rude shock to me cos now that its his upper middle age, the time when he would come to such a stage is coming soon. Youth is not for forever.
What’s to be understood is that being dependant on ur loved ones, with hand to hold, a shoulder to rely on, is nothing degrading. It is a reward for a lifetime, for a person who is worked for his family all his life. A chance for his family to pay back. Hope dad realizes it.
What I understood is that when ur loved ones leave u forever, u realize the vast impression they leave in ur lives, their gift of time to u, their love. Felt that way when my granddad left, my friends left for other schools, the time spent with them I would always treasure….

1 comment:

Deekshith Vemuganti said...

truly an important observation