Tuesday, March 20, 2007

the end of an era

17/03/07
Hey! This is nothing fancy or historic. I am changing my phone number that’s all. It does hurt, saying farewell to my airtel number. It has stood by me thru thick and thin. It has taught me lots of lessons, relieved me of lot of problems, troubled me horribly too, gave me lot of new friends of whom I was not aware of, outside the world of connectivity, the list goes on. And because of all this history we shared, I feel like giving it a befitting farewell. No offence dear number, but I am a customer and when I lose satisfaction in the services provided, I got to look for new pastures. That’s what I am doing. Plus two years is a long time to spend with a mobile number. I have not spent that much time even with my boyfriend. This means I have given you more importance than anything in my life. I fed you with all the recharges available. And whenever you cried because of your hunger, I starved myself to feed you. I entered the world of groveling, poverty, borrowing, but I never let go of you. Be it, when I am eating, bathing, sleeping, walking, every moment of my life, I have kept you close to my heart, listening to your heartbeat. Dear number, I depended on your happiness for mine. Well let’s not overdo it. People, I think you must have got the whole idea. Till the next era begins (till I find the next good connection, the search is on), its bi bi for me from the world of connectivity.

1 comment:

Deekshith Vemuganti said...

funny, yet too private to intrude.

and btw, i stood on one single number for 5 years ;)